Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A simple and flavorful meal for two.
- 1 large steak (halved lengthwise and cut into strips)
- 1⁄4 large onion (julienned)
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom (julienned)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth or 1⁄4 cup bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- cooked rice
- fresh parsley sprig
- Place steak, onion, mushrooms, and chives in bottom of crock pot.
- Add pepper, garlic, Worcestershire, broth, and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
- Approximately one-half hour prior to serving, thoroughly mix in flour.
- Serve over rice and top with parsley sprig.
Unfortunately this didn't work for us real well. It really didn't have any taste to the meat and it came out dry. We even had to dip the meat in ranch dressing to be edible. Sorry about this one... made for Fall PAC 2012.
Made this tonight for dinner and it was very good. Nice and simple to make. The meat was nice and tender. I did not have white wine so I used red instead. Also, I forgot to add the flour. I like the juice that was in the bottom of my slow cooker. It was not a lot, just enough to pour over the rice.
I will make this again.