Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Rachael's Recipe Notes: Serve this with pink beans and rice or pinto beans and rice, ,and all the Mexican night fixin's (guacamole and mexican caviar with tortilla chips are high on our list).
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (diced or stewed tomatoes with chopped green chilies)
- 2 cups grated cheese (your choice, we like Jack)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca (I used Wondra flour)
- flour tortilla (we used 8 10-inch)
- Combine all ingredients, except tortilla, in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW setting 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken; spoon onto warmed tortillas and roll.
This recipe was simple to do. I didn't want to use Tapioca, because it was a little pricey so I just used cornstarch until it was the thickness it needed to be. It made a BUNCH I'm only feeding 3 ppl in my house, and my husband and I ate at least 4...lol...One night I used refried beans, and then the next night I bought some yellow rice and some white queso sauce to put in the burrito, it was soooo good! My hubby kept wanting more!...lol...I still have a lot in there. I may go ahead and freeze the rest and have it some other time. This is definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting!
This was a great dinner for during the week. Very easy to throw together. The chicken shredded very easily because it was tender. The flavor was a little bit too tomato-y for me, but I still enjoyed it. It tasted even better with a dollop of sour cream. Thanks for posting!
Really, really great! I added some extra chicken and salsa and made enough for several meals-which everyone appreciated since they loved them so much! Thanks for the posting!