Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We love Chili Verde but don't always have time to make it after work. This took no time at all to put together before work and came home to the house smelling terrific. Great served with warm flour tortillas, beans and rice. Hope you enjoy
- 3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Place onions and chilies in crock pot. Remove netting from pork roast and place on top. Stir together salsa, cumin, garlic and lime juice. Pour over roast and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove meat to cutting board, add cilantro to liquid in crock pot.
- Shred meat with two forks and return liquid and stir well.
excellent excellent everybody loved it. I used less pork but thats all I had in the freezer. Did I say easy it does not get any easier start it and forget about it. Very good thank you for sharing. For everybody who loves Mexican food try this one
This is so easy and very tasty. Brought to work for a potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. Would be great filling for enchiladas!
Super easy and really tasty. Would be great filling for enchiladas.