Tomatillo Pork Chili Verde Stew (Crock Pot or Slow Cooker)
photo by tamalita
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
1 1/4 cups
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatillos, husks removed
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 medium poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Remove excess fat from the pork loin. Cut into 1" squares.
- Wash and quarter tomatillos. Puree in blender with the cilantro and jalapeno.
- Add all ingredients into a in a 4 quart crockpot. Stir well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, make a cornstarch slurry with 2 T. water and 2 t. cornstarch. Add 1/2 hour before serving. If a thinner sauce is desired, add chicken broth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a 'Zaar addict. I spent SO many hours browsing and researching recipes. I love to bake and I love the fact that I can find -any- recipe here (who needs a cookbook?. I do cakes as a small side business -- wedding cakes being my fav. I used to teach cake decorating classes, but I am taking a break right now because I was feeling super crazy busy. I have recently lost 35 pounds through Weight Watchers (such an awesome program, so I am always looking for ways to lighten up recipes so that those 35 pounds -stay- off.</p>