Recipe by byZula
If desired, serve with mixed greens tossed with pecans, a fruit vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese. Add herbed egg noodles and a crusty bread, and you've got a meal made in heaven!"
Top Review by Pismo
I ended up having to make a lot of substitutions but I think that the taste was still pretty close to what it would have been. I thought I had white wine, but turns out I was out of it so I used chicken broth instead. I also had to use ground mustard ( I didn't know how the measurement would translate so I only used 1/4 tsp). I also used fat free sour cream and just used seasoned bread crumbs instead of the croutons and omitted the butter. My chicken breasts were large so I cooked mine for closer to an hour. It was so moist and delicious! I think I could have used more mustard and bread crumbs but it was still good. I will definitely make this again!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, wine, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, mustard seed and sour cream and blend together; set aside.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of Swiss cheese and pour sour cream mixture evenly over the chicken. Crush the bag of croutons and sprinkle evenly over all, then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.