White French Dressing
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (fat reduced is OK)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion, freshly minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- Heat vinegar and honey in small sauce pan until thoroughly blended.
- Add remaining ingredients, except oil, and blend thoroughly in blender, food processor or with hand mixer. Gradually add vegetable oil and blend well.
- Keeps well in refrigerator about a week.
Join The Conversation
This is new to me. I had never heard of a WHITE French dressing before. I stubbled upon this when looking for the red version. I then looked for other white french dressing recipes and most called for raw eggs. Well, I make a lot of my own salad dressing and I made half of this recipe for a test batch and it was GREAT!!! Although it sat in my fridge for about 2-3 days before using it on an iceberg lettuce salad and I love it. I did use dried minced onion as I didn't feel like minced a fresh one.
Delicious and easy! DH said, "This is excellent, five stars for sure!!" I used dehydrated onions instead of fresh, so it would last longer in the fridge, but after that review, I can't imagine it will be around long! Thanks so much for sharing this one. Made for my adoptee in Pick a Chef Spring 2011.