Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Sweet French Dressing
photo by CIndytc
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed,spun dry,stemmed and broken into pieces
- 1 pint strawberry, washed,hulled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare spinach and strawberries and return to refrigerator to chill.
- Make dressing and chill.
- Just prior to serving, toss the spinach and strawberries with enough dressing just to coat the spinach leaves.
- For Dressing: Combine all ingredients and stir or whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.