Prep 15 mins
Cook 47 mins
I seem to be on a roll entering recipes from my long-lost treasure trove of recipes newly found. This is #5 of the series & was sent to me by ContentMail as their RECIPE OF THE DAY E-mail for 1/2/2001! They acknowledged Vicky S. who said "While this lasagna takes a bit of effort to prepare, it's so well worth it. It's absolutely fabulous served w/a fresh garden salad & warm garlic bread." ... There are 15 RZ recipes for seafood lasagna & ea is unique & appealing in its own way. Now there will be 16 to enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (or butter)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (8 oz, shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (sliced with tops)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (9-10 noodles, uncooked)
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat (drained & debris removed)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can shrimp (small size, drained)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat margarine (or butter) in a 3 qt saucepan over low-heat till melted.
- Stir in the garlic, flour & salt. Cook (stirring constantly) till bubbly & remove from heat.
- Stir in the milk & broth. Return to heat source & bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil & stir for 1 minute.
- Add mozzarella cheese, onions, basil & pepper. Cook over low-heat (stirring constantly) till cheese is melted.
- Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce (about 1-1/2 cups) in an ungreased oblong baking dish (13x9x2 in). Top w/3-4 uncooked noodles (overlap as necessary).
- Spread the cottage cheese over the noodles. Repeat with 1/4 of the cheese sauce & 3 noodles.
- Top w/crabmeat, shrimp, 1/4 of the cheese sauce & then w/the remaining 3 noodles & cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle evenly w/parmesan cheese. Bake (uncovered) till noodles are done (35-40 minutes). Let stand 15 min b4 cutting.
I'm sorry but my whole family thought this was awful! the taste was extremely fishy. maybe instead of parmesan use asiago cheese might taste better.
This lasagna was the easiest lasagna I made! I choose to change the layering to sauce, seafood, cottage cheese then the lasagne sheet, I repeated this step until all the ingredients finished. In my opinion the seafood just on the top, would be lost and they lasagne would be just sauce, cottage cheese and noodles. I also doubled the seafood and used large green prawns/shrimp. I made it for a dinner party and the guests all said it's a five star for taste. Thank you twissis