Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious potato soup recipe that my family said was divine!
Make and share this Creamy Nutmeg Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup peeled and diced sweet potato
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 -4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (more if desired)
- Combine potatoes, celery, onion and 4 cups chicken broth in a pan and bring to a boil. On medium high cook until potatoes are tender, 12-15 minutes. Strain and save liquid.
- Put liquid back in pot and add half & half. Heat on medium. In a bowl combine melted butter and flour. Stir into half & half mixture. Once thickened add in the vegetables, the rest of the broth, bouillon, pepper and nutmeg.