Creamy Vegan Potato Soup
I can't take credit for this recipe. I've done a few minor modifications, but it's a seriously simple and delicious concoction by Lyndsay at Vegan Yumminess.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 -10 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 cups cubed russet potatoes (2 large baking potatoes)
- 7 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic corn kernels (yellow or white, frozen or fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 teaspoons sea salt, to taste
- 3 cubes vegan bouillon (I use Edward and Sons)
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- In a large pot, saute your onion and garlic in the coconut oil for a few minutes, just until onions are softened.
- Add potatoes to the pot along with the 7 1/2 cups water. Allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Once potatoes are tender, or close enough, add corn kernels and (if using frozen) cook for another few minutes until thawed.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups water with vegan bouillon cubes for 1-2 minutes in the microwave (or in a small saucepan on the stove top if you prefer).
- In a high speed blender, process 3-4 cups of the soup (make sure to get plenty of potatoes, corn, and onion), water/bouillon mixture, cashews, and nutritional yeast until smooth (if you have a Blendtec, use the Soup button). Pour blended mixture back into the pot and stir until well incorporated.
- Serve hot with crusty garlic bread!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Life changing! Can't stop eating! Make this recipe, do not move on. You just found dinner! My kids wanted a potato soup and I wanted a cream of potato VEGAN! It is AMAZING!! I did not have bullion so instead I substituted 1 tlbs. of sea salt, 1 tlbs. Italian seasonings into the cashew/nutritional yeast mixture. My husband had 5 bowls, my kids said I needed to make it once a week! It was fairly easy prep, especially if you get someone else to peel your potatoes! Thank you soooo much for sharing. I'm curious now about using this soup base for any creamy soup, like mushroom or asparagus. Mmmmmmm mmmmmm DELICIOUS!!!1Reply