Cheddar Potato Soup
A substitute for plain potato soup and delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- seasoned croutons
- minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with croutons and parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was very good, and had great flavor. My family and I enjoyed it very much. I did add a little more potatoes, milk and broth to make a little more than what the recipe stated but it turned out fine. I did add a little grated cheese as a garnish instead of the crutons, and enjoyed it tremendously. Thanks!