Recipe by NELady
This is my dad's favorite casserole. The recipe was passed to me from my Aunt in Minnesota.
Top Review by RedHotBeads
This was OK but a little bland and a little dry. I added some beef broth to it. The rice sucked up all the juice. But it was good for a winter evening, and didn't take a lot of time to put together.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice (uncooked)
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook hamburger and onion together until meat is no longer pink; drain grease.
- Stir the rest of the ingredients into the meat mixture.
- Pour mixture into lasagna casserole dish and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until rice is done.