Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my dad's favorite casserole. The recipe was passed to me from my Aunt in Minnesota.
Make and share this Creamy Hamburger & Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice (uncooked)
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook hamburger and onion together until meat is no longer pink; drain grease.
- Stir the rest of the ingredients into the meat mixture.
- Pour mixture into lasagna casserole dish and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until rice is done.
This was OK but a little bland and a little dry. I added some beef broth to it. The rice sucked up all the juice. But it was good for a winter evening, and didn't take a lot of time to put together.
I added 2 elephant garlic cloves minced to both rice and hamburger while cooking. Then I added a little soy sauce and WOW
This "Creamy Hamburger & Rice Casserole" is full of flavor. I always add my own spin to recipes. My changes were 3 cans of Campbell's French Onion Soup in place of the hot water. Jasmine Rice instead of white rice. Frozen roasted sweet corn instead of green beans. Lastly I added 1-TBS of ORGANIC Worcestershire Sauce. I cooked this for the full 1-1/2 hours, in a "covered" Le Creuset Dutch Oven instead of a Lasagna Pan. The favor was stunning!