Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious creamy cucmber salad made with sliced cucumbers, salad dressing, sugar, 5% white vinegar, dried dill weed, salt, and onion. It's also a family favorite!
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled & sliced thin
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons 5% white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a bowl mix together, the salad dressing, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt, and onion.
- Add the sliced cucumbers.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or more.
I think this is a couple basic recipe for a cool salad, but I did make some changes like previous posters. I did use half and half mayo and sour cream since I am not a big fan of miracle whip. The 1st time I made it it seemed really sweet to me, so I cut down the sugar to only a few teaspoons (I like it more vinegary) and added more dill...it was perfect!
This is a great and easy recipe!
Great salad. I decreased the amount of sugar by about 1/4 and used fresh dill. Had some Miracle Whip left to use so combined that with mayonnaise. Just perfect for summertime.