Vinegar and Sugar Cucumber
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- In a large bowl mix first 3 ingredients.
- Peel and slice cucumbers and onion and add to vinegar/water/sugar mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- If all the cucumbers and onions are eaten reserve the vinegar/water/sugar mix and add fresh cucumbers and onion.
- My servings are an estimate, as I can eat the whole bowl myself :) The cooking time is actually the refrigeration time.
Questions & Replies
I want to make my simple cucumber nd onion salad from these veggies from my garden. I wat to make several jars canned. But every recipe I’m finding is tells no me you can’t keep this for longer no distance. Can anyone help me as I wanted to have these for gifts. But the way all are saying it’s not possible. Help please. Cucumbers are waiting on counter.
see 13 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We recently moved to Arizona and are enjoying the heat! I have 4 beautiful children, one teenage daughter and three sons. I have always loved to cook, but since finding this site, my husband says "boy has your cooking come a long way!" I had no idea it needed to :) These recipes have added the variety and versatility that I need to try to meet the challenge of feeding four kids on a budget with healthy foods :)