Recipe by KelBel
This dish goes together very quickly. You will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. If you don't have cooked rice, start it before you make the curry and they should be finished at the same time.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until they start to brown.
- Add garlic and curry.
- Stir-fry until garlic is soft and curry dissolved.
- Add chickpeas, Coconut Milk, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, and lime juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil or cilantro until combined, and serve over rice.