Recipe by dicentra
This is from my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook. They recommend using Savoy cabbage. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m typing it up for ZWT II. 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup fresh dill, snipped
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big soup pot, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 7 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the carrots and sauté for 5 minutes or until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the cabbage, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add the broth, 2 ½ cups water, dill, tomato paste, ginger, salt and pepper. Bing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the cabbage is very tender. Stir the sour cream into the soup.