Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For Blue Cheese lovers from our local Chef Lou.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (Gorgonzola good too)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- Render bacon in heavy saucepan until crisp. Remove and drain bacon on paper towel.
- Saute onion in bacon fat left in saucepan until soft.
- Add wine and cream and bring so simmer.
- Add blue cheese and cream cheese and stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to heated fondue pot or slow cooker to serve.
- Good with apples, pears, or small bites of medium rare beed fillet.