Italian Cheese Fondue
Fondue made with two cheeses: mozarella cheese and either gorgonzola cheese OR provolone cheese, mixed with wine and herbs and served with your favorite choice of dippers. (Note: The gorgonzola will make a more pungent fondue.)
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup dry italian white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto
- 2 apples
- 1 pear
- 1 cup broccoli, slightly cooked
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl, and leave to soften for 10 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from water and chop into small pieces.
- Rub inside of fondue pot with cut side of garlic.
- Heat wine in pot until it begins to boil.
- Toss cheese with flour.
- Add cheese slowly to pot, stirring the constantly.
- Add tomatoes and basil leaves to mixture and stir until smooth.
- Serve with dippers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION