Swiss Cheese Fondue
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 8 fluid ounces dry white wine or 8 fluid ounces rose wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 2 cups grated emmenthaler cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- cubed French bread, to serve
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low, and gradually stir in grated cheeses, then continue to heat until cheeses melt, stirring frequently.
- (This stage can take a looooong time.) In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with kirsch, then stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Do not allow fondue to boil.
- Serve with the bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews