Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like to keep this on hand to prepare cream soups I prefer to use instant sure jel, because it does cloud soup as cornstarch does..but in case you can't find instant sure jel...cornstarch will do
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine and shake all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- to use base:.
- Stir 1/2 cup soup base in 2 cups of water to equal one can of cream soup.
- Recipe equals 7 cans of cream soup base.
This works great for me. I use it for casseroles, to replace canned soups. To make it vegetarian, I simply use Better than Bouillon in place of the meat kind. Thanks!
I've used this mix for years!! I omit the salt since the chicken bouillon is salty enough and use 1 tsp pepper, but I love having this on hand. Has saved me many trips to the store at the last minute. I