Homemade Cream Style Soup Mix
I found this on the Taste of Home web site. This easy mix is a wonderful substitute for canned cream soups. I only cook for two so when cutting recipes in half I usually end up throwing away half a can of cream soup. This reciepe allows you to make what you need.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch, plus
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and store in an air tight container in a cool dry place.
- Use as a substitute for half of a can of canned creamsoup.
- In a microwave safe bowl, whisk 2/3 cup water and 3 Tablespoons of soup mix. Microwave on high 2-2 1/2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, whisking occasionally.
- For mushroom add 1/4-1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms, For celery, add 1 sauteed celery rib.