Cream of Anything Soup Mix
- Ready In:
- 4 cups powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup instant chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons basil, crushed dried
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms (optional, cream of mushroom soup)
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus (optional- cream of asparagus soup)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli (optional- cream of broccoli soup)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional- cheese soup)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (optional- cream of celery soup)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken (optional- cream of chicken soup)
- 1⁄2 cup diced potato (optional- cream of potato soup)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (optional- cream of tomato soup)
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp (optional- cream of shrimp soup)
- Measure all dry ingredients and place in a Ziploc Bag.
- Combine and place in a storage container.
- To use combine 1/3 cup mix with 1 cup of water.
- Add in any of the above optional ingredients.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
Join The Conversation
I got a very similar recipe from South Dakota centennial cookbook. I modified the mix to leave out the chicken bouillon. You can then use whatever broth or bouillon you like. I'm partial to mushroom or vegetable base (Better than Bouillon makes some good bases). I usually add alot of vegetable flakes when making up a batch. The great thing about this mix is that you can control the amount of salt in your recipe.
I used this in a recipe, instead of eating it like soup, and it worked just like the canned variety. I made the mushroom variety, and plan on trying out the chicken variation over the weekend (plan on having some leftover chicken!). I love that it is so much lower in sodium. Thanks for sharing your innovative recipe!