Cream of Anything Soup Mix Substitute
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Now you can make your own Cream soup base as an alternative to canned soups.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup dry soup mix (mushroom, leek, onion, etc)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry chicken soup base or 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 dash dried dill weed
- 1 dash celery salt
- Mix dry milk, cornstarch, soup base, onion flakes, thyme, dill and celery salt.
- For equivalent of 1 can cream of chicken soup combine and heat 1/3 cup dry mix and 1 1/4 cups water.
- For equivalent of 1 can cream of mushroom soup combine and heat 1/3 cup dry mix, 1 1/4 cups water, 2 ounces finely chopped mushroom pieces and 1 teaspoon salt.
- For equivalent of 1 can cream of celery soup combine and heat 1/3 cup dry mix, 1- 1/4 cups water and 1/8 cup celery flakes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION