Hot & Sour Soup Base
photo by Tiz4tggr
- Ready In:
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄4 minced cilantro
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Mince up cilantro and scallions, set aside.
- mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer on medium high heat.
- Once you see bubbles around the edge of the pot, add in your corn starch and stir.
- Bring back to a boil and slowly drizzle in eggs in a circular motion around the pot.
- Add in cilantro and green onions and gently stir with a whisk.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!