Thai Hot & Sour Soup With Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved and crushed (4-inch)
- 1⁄2 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine chicken broth, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, and habanero in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Add juice, fish sauce, tomato, and onions to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in coconut milk and cilantro. Discard lemongrass stalk and lime leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I got married to my high school sweetheart in August 06 at the ripe old age of 21, and my husband Luke and I just moved to Birmingham, AL from Auburn. He's in his second year of dental school at UAB. I have a BFA in Graphic Design, and I'm a designer at Time Inc and doing freelance design work on the side. I'm planning to go to grad school for a Master's of Fine Arts in Book Arts some time or another. I had deferred because I think the timing will be better once Luke gets out of school and perhaps I might not need to commute the hour over there. Getting married and getting HALF of a refrigerator instead of sharing one with seven other girls really ignited a cooking fire in me! Lately I've been trying to cut out the sugar, which is hard, because Luke likes sugary pancakes and cereal, and because I like baking things. I need to quit baking! Trying to lose the newlywed nine so I can fit into my winter clothes.