9 hrs 20 mins
These rolls are delicious. Although they are a bit of work, the end result is well worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 -5 cups flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1Combine sour cream, sugar, butter and salt in a saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- 3Let cool to 105*F to 115*F.
- 4Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl.
- 5Let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the sour cream mixture and eggs.
- 7Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 8Dough will be sticky.
- 9Cover tightly and chill 8 hours.
- 10Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- 11Working with 1 portion at a time, turn dough onto a floured surface, knead 4 or 5 times.
- 12Roll 1 portion of dough into a 12 by 8 inch rectangle.
- 13Spread one fourth of the filling over rectangle, leaving a 1/2 inch margin around edges.
- 14Carefully roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at long side.
- 15Firmly pinch seam to seal.
- 16Cut roll into 1 inch slices, place slices 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 17Repeat procedure with remaining dough and filling.
- 18Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 45 minutes to 1 hour, until doubled in bulk.
- 19Bake 375*F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 20Remove to wire racks, and drizzle with glaze while still warm.
- 21For filling: combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat at high speed until well blended.
- 22For Glaze: combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring until smooth.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (2163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1744.7
- Calories from Fat 727
- Total Fat 80.8 g
- Saturated Fat 49.0 g
- Cholesterol 372.8 mg
- Sodium 1250.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 122.6 g
- Protein 30.1 g