Prep 9 hrs
Cook 20 mins
These rolls are delicious. Although they are a bit of work, the end result is well worth it!
Make and share this Cream Cheese Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 -5 cups flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine sour cream, sugar, butter and salt in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool to 105*F to 115*F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream mixture and eggs.
- Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Cover tightly and chill 8 hours.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Working with 1 portion at a time, turn dough onto a floured surface, knead 4 or 5 times.
- Roll 1 portion of dough into a 12 by 8 inch rectangle.
- Spread one fourth of the filling over rectangle, leaving a 1/2 inch margin around edges.
- Carefully roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at long side.
- Firmly pinch seam to seal.
- Cut roll into 1 inch slices, place slices 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining dough and filling.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 45 minutes to 1 hour, until doubled in bulk.
- Bake 375*F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks, and drizzle with glaze while still warm.
- For filling: combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat at high speed until well blended.
- For Glaze: combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring until smooth.
I used this same recipe to make Cream cheese rolls. The only difference was that I used 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 all purpose flour. These can also be frozen after glazing and then reheated in the microwave (it only takes about 1 minute to reheat 2 rolls in mine). These are great for breakfast, especially when they're already done and in the freezer just waiting to be reheated!