Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this one up one day using ingredients that I had on hand. It turned out quite well, and I have made it several times since. Makes a nice quick lunch for friends and is relatively low in fat and calories.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can98% fat free breast of chicken in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 8 slices light bread
- You can toast your own almonds either in a frying pan or in the oven. Be careful to watch them, though, because they will burn quickly.
- In a medium bowl, gently combine chicken breast, toasted almonds, dried cranberries, Miracle Whip Light, celery, onion, salt, and pepper until all is well coated.
- Place one-fourth of the mixture on each of four slices of bread. Top with a lettuce leaf and another slice of bread. Enjoy!
This was very simple to throw together and have lunch ready in a hurry which is great for the busy mom. I really liked the addition of the cranberries and almonds in this. The crunch of the almonds along with the onion and celery was really good and the cranberries offered something a little sweet. I doubled the recipe and have lunch for two days now. Also, I used seasoned salt instead of plain table salt and it was great. Thanks for a quick and easy lunch Backwoods Foodie! Made for PAC Spring 2014.