Easy Chicken Salad Sandwich
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) can of white chunk chicken breasts, in water
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onion, chopped finely
- nice crusty bread
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, for each sandwich
i eyeball the rest
- celery salt
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Drain chicken very well and empty into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with a fork shredding chicken as you do so.
- Place in fridge to chill and let flavors disperse, think 30-60 minutes. Spread on your favorite bread with some romaine lettuce and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yep, this is about as close to my basic chicken salad sandwich "recipe" as you're going to get. I use leftover chicken from the previous night's meal, homemade mayo and red onion. I like the celery salt addition although I chose celery seed instead to cut down on the salt content. Served on fresh flax seed light wheat bread, mixed greens; and fresh fruit to accompany. PS> sometimes I sneak in toasted chopped almonds or roasted sunflower seeds. Good choice for a hot summer day. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
paramedic by day, aspiring chef by night. i had hoped to attend culinary school many moons ago but found health care instead. now i try to impress my beautiful daughter with my kitchen prowess!