Cherry Chicken Salad Sandwich
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup light plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 4 plain croissants
- Combine chicken, cherries, pecans, and onion in a bowl.
- Mix mayo, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Toss to mix.
- Refrigerate salad for 1-2 hours.
- Split croissants and divide chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle with black pepper before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was an excellant chicken salad sandwich. I'm not usually a fan...but I loved all the textures and flavors in your recipe. The filling was sweet, tart, tangy, satisfying and very filling. I used a sesame bagel and romain hearts as that is what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing your tasty version, which I will make again.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graduate student studying agricultural economics, originally from Georgia. (Go dawgs!) I try to eat very healthy, most often low-carb. But, I do love sweets sometimes. I like to bake for others so much- so I do it all the time and have become known for just stopping by with casseroles, brownies etc..