Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this one in the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home's Best Holiday Recipes.
- 8 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares
- 3 (1 ounce) semisweet baking chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond, blanched, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- In a mocrowavable container, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute, then stir before microwaving at additional 10-to-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth, then repeat with the semisweet chocolate.
- Stir the almonds & cranberries into the white chocolate, & thinly spread this mixture onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- With a spoon, drizzle semisweet chocolate over the white chocolate, & then, with a knife, cut through the chocolate mixture to swirl the darker chocolate somewhat.
- Chill until firm, then break into pieces before refrigerating in an airtight container.
This tasted great. It was different and I loved the dried cranberries and the crunch of the almonds.
Excellent blend of flavours! The darker chocolate and the tangy cranberries perfectly balanced the sweetness of the white chocolate. This makes a wonderful gift to bring along. Thanks for posting!
Made for Went to the Market.
Another 5 star recipe Sydney Mike. Lordy, I am just going to put you into my favorites. This is divine and unbelievably simple to make. Another morsel for the holiday baskets and table. I used white chips as opposed to bark. Couldn't find it at our small market. Worked great! I also tried this with toasted walnuts and it came our chunkier looking but tasted great just the same. MArvelous. Kepp 'em coming !