Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 9-inch double-crust pie shells
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine sugars, flour and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add fruit.
- Mix well.
- Turn into pastry-lined pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and cut slits in top crust.
- Seal edges.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
I baked this pie for Easter Dinner and it was absolutely wonderful!!! I've never been a big fan of apple pie, but I had some left over apples and some frozen cranberries, and thought maybe the cranberries would give it an extra kick. Wow, was this ever true! I only made two small adaptations. I added some vanilla to the sugar/flour/cinnamon mixture. After everything was turned into the pie crust I drizzled a little lemon juice on top. This was a huge hit, and there are no left overs!