Recipe by misschrys1976
A pecan sugar cookie with craisins added to give it that punch of sweet and tart. Sure to be a tasty treat for holiday cookies, and exchanges. I always get raves when I make them.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 pinch lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups craisins or 1 1⁄2-2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (1 cup broken by hand,1/2 cup chopped into powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, pecan dust, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl of electric stand mixer (a hand mixer works as well) and beat until light in color.
- Add wet ingredients (egg, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla) and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Stir by hand, the craisins and chopped pecans.
- Mold into cookie shape with hands, or use an ice cream scoop and a fork to push them down into a cookie shape. They do not spread much. Place about 1” to 1 ½ apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges, rotating cookie sheet halfway through baking time.
- Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes after removal from oven and then move to complete cooling on wire rack.
- Depending on cookie size, it yields about 2 -3 dozen.