Pecan Sandies - Melt in Your Mouth
These are light sandies, they almost melt in your mouth. This recipe makes a bunch, perfect for pot luck or Christmas cookie platters. You can add semi or white chocolate chips to mix it up.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, 1 cup of white/granulated sugar and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Stir into the creamed mixture. Mix until completely blended.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. (you may top each cookie with a pecan half if you like).
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from cookies sheet to cool on wire racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are so light and easy to make. It's a good thing this makes nearly 100 cookies, because they were almost 1/2 gone when my husband found them. I added a few white choc chips and that put them over the roof. I did not roll in sugar because after a test with and without, I found the sugar made them a little to crunchy and sweet. Not bad, just not what I think of in a pecan Sandie. The only reason i didn't give 5 stars was because they were SO delicate, they fell apart easily.Reply
see 7 more