Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe supposedly earned its name because it is SO addictive and I agree! I absolutely love this stuff. You can just eat it with a fork or make lettuce wraps out of the mix. Simple and DELICIOUS! I say 4 servings here but really, my husband and I could polish off the batch with no problem!
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix (if you don't want the carrots use the angel hair cole slaw or just shred up a head of cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (this will be pretty mild so add to taste or you can use pepper flakes to taste)
- 1 (1 g) Splenda quick pack
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste (you could also use 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger or ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (any kind really)
- sriracha sauce (to garnish)
- Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat up sesame oil and sauté garlic, onions, and slaw in sesame oil until cabbage cooked to desired tenderness.
- Stir in the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, Splenda, ginger and vinegar.
- Add back in hamburger. Mix well and serve!
- Serve with additional Sriracha sauce on the side for people who want to add spice.
This was very good. I substituted ground turkey breast for the beef and broccoli slaw for the cole slaw and did not use the Splenda. I also substituted the low sodium soy sauce with Briggs Liquid Aminos. Will be making this again. DH is on a low carb post Bariatric surgery diet.
This is SOOO good! I used red pepper flakes - 2 ts, just the right amount of heat for me but a little too much for my 13yr old son. I use one lb of ground beef but double everything else. I think I could live off this stuff. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
This great. I made as written except I added 1 extra pkg of Splenda. It is easy to make too. Thanks for the recipe.