You can make the filling the day before and 1 hour before cooking remove from fridge. Very yummy stuff!
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 3⁄4-1 cup crabmeat, picked
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced (large clove)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- wonton wrapper (I buy 2 packages as I'm never quite sure how many I'll end up with)
- oil (for frying)
- Whip together the sour cream, cream cheese and soy sauce and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in remaining ingredients (except wrappers) Heat oil to med-high and you want it around 1 1/2-2 inches deep.
- Place a small bowl of water on your work surface and lay out 6 wrappers, and place around 1 1 1/2 t's in the center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges, bring up corners and pinch together, along with sides-you dont want filling to float away.
- Place all 6 in the hot oil and repeat process.
- By the time you have the next set of 6 ready to crimp it should be time to turn the rangoon's.
- You want them a nice golden color.
- When done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towells.
- Repeat until done.
- Try to share.
Here's a little tip for making crab Rangoon: make sure you squeeze out all the air before sealing the wonton. If you don't a huge bubble will form when they're deep fried causing them to pop open. There are 2 bad things that occur when that happens: the filling gets very greasy; and you get very burned with spatters of hot oil.
We made these for 20 people,during the holidays.They were wonderful.Everyone complimented them.I love them at Chinese restaurants,now I can make my own.
This recipe is excellent. I did make a mistake because I made them and froze them without cooking first. Tonight, I took them out to defrost them and they did not want to seperate. However, the taste is so good. At the Oriental restaurants when I have this dish, it is usually very pastey, very thick. This recipe is light and tasty. I will make this again. We had this and geosa and that was our Friday night pizza substitute this week. Glad we left the pizza at the store.