Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this out of my mother's cookbook. It is so good y'all have to try.
Make and share this Crab Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chunks broken up
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- crackers or cut up vegetables
- In small mixer bowl beat sour cream and cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy.
- Stir in celery, onion, and lemon juice, if desired.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or cut up veggies.
This dip is wonderful! With the addition of some dill weed it tastes exactly like the stuff I drive to the other side of town to buy at a specialty deli! And for half the price! The key to this is to really mince the veggies and very finely chop the crab. I beat it all together with the hand mixer as well. Perfection. Thanks for sharing Heather.
I have to write this review based mostly on what my family thought of the taste as I have a cold and can't taste much of anything, but they thought it was quite good. We put it on split rolls for our dinner along with a bunch of different cut-up veggies. I did double the crab because I thought it looked to "saucy". I also added a whole lemon worth of juice and used green onion. Thanks for a very quick dinner!
Very good! I used cut up zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, and plum tomatoes as well as crackers to serve with this.