Recipe by Mille®
Recipe by the Honorable Jane Dee Hull, Governor, Arizona.
Top Review by Zewbiedoo
I made this as directed, layering the ingredients as another reviewer mentioned. It was good and we ate it up, but a little bit strong on the onions. If I make it again, I will omit either the chopped onion or the green onion and not use both kinds.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 -2 green onion, diced
- salsa (fresh if possible)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except cream cheese, eggs, green onions, and salsa.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread cream cheese on round serving plate.
- Spoon bean mixture around edges, along with salsa and eggs.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips or melba-style crackers.