Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy and tasty dinner dish that you can get in the oven in a hurry.
- 5 ounces bow tie pasta or 5 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon savory, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan, cook noodles per package directions until just tender; drain.
- While noodles are cooking, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese and egg in a small bowl.
- Beat until fluffy.
- In skillet, brown onion and bell peppers until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until meat is browned; drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, salt, marjoram, pepper and the cooked, drained noodles.
- Place half of this mixture in a greased 10x6-inch baking dish.
- Spread cheese mixture over meat mixture.
- Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, until heated through and bubbling at edges.
A definite keeper, Sharlene thank you for posting this recipe. I did make this on the stove instead of putting it in the oven. Sprinkled the parmesan cheese into the cottage cheese mixture than stirred it into the hamburger and pasta. The sauce turned a nice creamy pale color and tasted very good after simmering for about 20 minutes or so. We enjoyed this a lot!