Ground Beef and Noodle Bake
photo by FrenchBunny
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup sliced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard powder (or 1 Tbsp prepared mustard or Dijon)
- 1 -2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, mixed with mozzarella cheese (or marble cheese is good also)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef with the onion, garlic and green pepper over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink and the veggies are tender; drain any fat, and mix in the 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all of the following ingredients, except for the cooked noodles and the shredded cheese; mix very well to combine.
- Add in the cooked egg noodles; mix to combine.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Top/sprinkle with the 2 cups grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This casserole was really great, the sweet and spicy flavor hit the spot. I halved it with great success. Since I didn't want half a can of tomato soup and sauce laying around I just used the whole can of soup and omitted the sauce. Also left out the green peppers and pimentos as a personal preference but it was still yummy and easy to put together. I used some fresh mushrooms I had and could have added more since they shrink more than canned.
Kittencal, this was a delicious casserole. The cream corn added such a wonderful sweet flavor. I was going to halve the recipe because there are only two of us, but in the middle of making the sauce I realized it wasn't halved. Oh well, I will have wonderful lunches to come. I will freeze the leftover in smaller containers. So the only thing I changed in the recipe was to leave out the jalapeno peppers, cause DD would of found it too hot spicy, and I used red peppers because that is what was in the fridge that needed to be used. I also used half mozzarella and half cheddar which was a nice blend. I did use the 8 oz of medium egg noodles and found it was perfect for the amount of sauce. We both really enjoyed this tremendously....another fantastic recipe, thank you Kittencal
This is a very filling casserole. I did add about 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn. The other thing I did was cook the whole 12 ounce bag of noodles. I was glad I did as there is so much meat mixture that 4 more ounces of noodles helped even out things. I will make this again. Thank you for posting. Made for *1 2 3 Hit Wonders* game 2007
see 3 more reviews