1/1 Photo of Cornbread Dressing
This is my favorite Cornbread Dressing I use for special holidays. I make my own white bread using my bread machine and my own Skillet Cornbread to use in this recipe. If you prepare the bread ahead of time, you can freeze them until ready to use. I really like this dressing. It is easy to do and has a great flavor. I like to add fresh mushrooms to the mix. Happy Holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups finely crumbled toasted bread (I use homemade)
- 4 cups finely crumbled cornbread (see recipe I posted for Skillet Cornbread)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- turkey broth (from simmering turkey giblets with 3 1/2 cups water for 45 minutes. You can use unused portion to ma)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1Melt butter in a skillet; add the onions and celery and saute until tender.
- 2Combine toasted bread and cornbread in a large bowl and mix.
- 3Add onions and celery plus their cooking liquid, the salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning and mix throughly.
- 4Using a bulb baster, add just enough turkey giblet broth to make a very moist mixture, then stir in the eggs and scrape the dressing into a large greased baking pan or dish.
- 5Bake in 400 degree F oven until dressing is nicely browned, about 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.5 mg
- Sodium 1145.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: