Recipe by Chef Jean
I love the addition of the sweet corn in this recipe. This is on the sweeter side of corn muffins. They go wonderfully with tomato soup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn, canned or 1⁄2 cup cooked corn
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and pour the buttermilk, buter and eggs inches.
- Stir just until combined.
- Fold in the corn.
- Pour into a lightly greased muffin pan, filling each cup half way.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees then turn the pan and bake for 6 more mnutes.