Southwestern Beef Chili With Corn
photo by queenbeatrice
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned diced green chiles
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Spray a large sauce pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots, onion, garlic and salt and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until it is slightly darkened, 1 minute.
- Add the beans, green chiles, chili powder, beef broth, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Simmer over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn.
- Divide among bowls and top with the Cheddar and scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!