Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make and share this Corn Ball Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, granulated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- Heat deep fryer to 375°F.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- If too thin, add more flour.
- If too thick, add a little more milk.
- You want mixture to be the consistency of a thin dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls in hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from oil to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt to desired taste. Chicken bouillon cube can be omitted if chicken flavor is not desired or beef bouillon cube can be substituted.
- Just dissolve cube first. For spicy cornball fritters, add 1/4 cup of diced jalapeno peppers.
Sizzlers used to serve something similar to this. I was tempted to switch the corn with cream style. The big mistake I made was that I tried to cut the recipe in 1/2 and forgot 1/2 way through my ingredients that the consistency would not come out right. I saw the second recipe for Corn Fritters II and that looks a lot more of what I'm looking for. I plan to try that one and let you know.