Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you've had Shakey's Pizza, you know they're even more famous for their yummy,golden mojo potatoes.
- 6 russet potatoes
- canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- all season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Place eggs in bowl and beat add milk and butter & mix.
- Place Flour, Thyme & Cayenne in second bowel.
- Place Oil 3 inches deep in Frying Pan.
- Cut each potato into 6 (1/4-inch) Mojo rounds.
- Place MoJo rounds in egg mixture covering completely.
- Then Roll MoJo potatoes in Flour Mixture.
- Place MoJo potatoes on cookie tray while others are battered.
- Once all MoJo potatoes are battered drop in frying pan.
- Make sure oil covers the MoJo potatoes completely. If needed add more oil.
- Once golden brown, and cooked, drain oil and add all season salt.
Incredibly flavorless. Tastes like deep-friend flour-coated potato slices. Tastes nothing like Shakey's. Thanks for sharing