Cuban Mojo Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, large dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, Sliced Thinly
- 6 garlic cloves, Crushed and Chopped
- 3 scallions, Sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1/2 cup parsley, Rough Chopped
- Lay a sheet of aluminum foil on the countertop.
- -Place all the ingredients (except cilantro) on top of the foil.
- -Fold up the foil to create a tightly sealed package.
- -Lay a second sheet of aluminum foil on the counter and double wrap the potatoes. Make sure the package is tightly sealed.
- -Place the potatoes over the hottest part of the grill.
- -Turn every 10 minutes, for about 40-50 minutes.
- -Open the foil packet and pour the potatoes, add cilantro (or parsley) and stir to combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My oh my - these were super tasty! I made these exactly as posted except I used mini Yukon potatoes instead of dicing regular ones. Even though it seemed like a lot of red pepper flakes, The roasted lime seemed to temper the heat. The lime was a revelation. It never occurred to me to cook lime slices and it really transformed the flavor of the juice. I am so glad I discovered this recipe and will definitely make this again ! Made by a Feed Bag for Susie’s World Tour 2019.
We always use heavy duty aluminum foil when making packets for the grill and have good luck with it. Buttered the foil before adding the potatoes, only used a pinch or two of red pepper flakes and used parsley instead of cilantro. These were good potatoes but DH wasnt fond of all the onions and lime flavor. Next time I think I would layer a couple of thinly sliced limes on top of the potatoes and double the scallions but not add a medium onion. Made and reviewed for Susie's World Tour 2019 - Cuba.
We dont grill but I wanted to try these, so i followed the directions and put them in the oven, alongside another dish, and cooked for about an hour, at 180/350, turning once. perfection :) Thank you, delicious and I so enjoyed the ease of preparation! A keeper. Made for Culinary Quest 2019, Cuba, FeedBags