Buttery Roasted Crushed Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, whole (or baby potatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, salted, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in a large pot, and fill pot with enough hot water to cover potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt and boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Once tender, drain water from potatoes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place butter in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and place in oven for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Remove from oven and stir in pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Using the curved back side of a fork and a cutting board, gently press potatoes to "crush" them. The "crushed" potatoes should break open but not apart too much.
- Gently dredge both sides of each crushed potato in butter mixture in pan and arrange in one layer.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Join The Conversation
Didn’t have small potatoes (using up leftovers before shop tomorrow) and only cooking for 2. Used 3 medium sized spuds cut into 1/4s. Boiled with skins on until soft then crushed slightly and tossed in the hot butter, sprinkled with salt and pepper and only had garlic powder. They were fab. I roasted them on 180’c fan for about 30 mins with some small chunks of courgette (zucchini) which I seasoned the same These were equally delicious. Will definitely be doing again!