Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple and easy dish - if you don't have access to fresh crab you can always use canned or if you would rather not use crab you substitute shrimp either way it's an awesome way to start a party..enjoy
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 3⁄4 green onion (cups finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smokey variety)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- Combine cream cheese and lemon juice in mixer. Add mayonnaise and blend well.(when adding the mayo do so by hand).
- Add green onion, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, paprika onion powder and crab meat. Mix well.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
Way too much mayo. Added 3 pkgs of the crab and still not enough for all the mayo
This dip had an overwhelming taste which covered up the crab taste. Perhaps if one greatly reduced the lemon juice, or eliminated it, it would be much better tasting. My family didn't care for this dip.
Couldn't find the yummy crab dip at my local store that my in-laws had so this is the closest recipe online I could find. Delicious. I did substitute sour cream for the mayo since I'm not a mayo person. And, I had to use canned crab meat. Served with wheat thins for appetizer. Will keep this on hand for get-togethers.