Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From More Recipes from a Kitchen Garden – Shepherd’s Garden Seeds
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a medium skillet, add asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Immerse asparagus in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Pat dry and arrange on a platter. Chill.
- Just before serving, mix together the dressing ingredients and pour evenly over the asparagus. Serve on a platter.