Recipe by Charlotte J
Cooling time about 3 hours
Top Review by Calee
This is very good tapioca pudding. I love the addition of the coconut milk followed the recipe except I didn`t have any pineapple so I topped it with sliced bananas. The toasted coconut is very nice topping as well. It wasn`t overly sweet which is a good thing. Thanks Charlotte J for a great recipe and one that we will make again!
- 1 large egg
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup small pieces fresh pineapple or 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and cut into smaller pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, lightly beat egg.
- Add coconut milk, milk, sugar, and tapioca, whisk to combine.
- Set aside, at least 5 minutes, until tapioca is slightly softened.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stir in vanilla.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap.
- Let cool until no longer hot, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until cold, 2 to 3 hours (or up to 3 days).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread coconut in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toast, tossing once or twice, until golden, 10 to 15 minutes, let cool.
- Just before serving, whisk pudding to loosen.
- Divide among four serving glasses or dishes.
- Top with pineapple and toasted coconut.