Decadent Tapioca Pudding
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- Mix sugar, tapioca, milk, egg and salt in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. (Use a bowl where your ingredients only come up half way so there's room to boil without boiling over.).
- Cook at full power, stirring every 2-3 minutes until mixture comes to a full boil. Should take about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and cool. Pudding thickens as it cools.
- If desired, place plastic wrap on surface of pudding as it cools.
- NOTE: you can make this on the stovetop if you prefer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I LOVE tapioca and love it warm, cold, hot, room temperature, whatever. This is a particularly great recipe because I can have it ready in under 15 minutes (including cooking time!). It isn't very thick at the end of cooking, but thickens up nicely as it cools. I couldn't stay out of it and my 2 year old said "Mmmm!" with every bite. Thank you - so much better than the box!
You have made my dh a very happy man. He has pronounced it a 5 star recipe and has given me "permission" to make it often. You can't get much easier to make and with my uber picky man praising and scrapping the dish I'm pretty sure that anyone who enjoys tapioca will love this one. Thanks pup, this is something I think I'll be using a lot.
This is a decadent treat! I adore tapioca pudding and so happy DH does not....more for me. When I made the recipe on the back of the box, stovetop, my pudding did not thicken. In the microwave it worked great for me. I did get a bit sidetracked and had a boil over so do keep a close eye on it. Next time I will cut down on the sugar but other than that, perfect! Thank you hon for posting!! Made and reviewed for Spring Spectacular 2008. P.S. My vote for warm! :)